Saturday, July 13, 2013

Vintage Overalls Pattern



So I mentioned this awesome old school pattern I got in my last post.

I finally got my computer back and can post again (BIG sigh of relief).



Pattern Description:

Boys overalls pattern from 1975 or so.


Pattern Sizing:

My pattern is for size 5-6.


Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?

Yes. In all its vintage fabulousness.


Were the instructions easy to follow?

Very easy, hardly used them.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?

I love the classic look of these overalls. I like the funky shaped pockets and the trapezoid one on the bib!

 

Fabric Used:


 

 Thrifted 4x denim dress from the Goodwill.



Accented with Michael Miller Bot Camp.




 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:


The only thing I did different to this pattern was to hack them off at the knee's to make them shorts.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?

 

I might...I would like to do a straight up engineer set with striped denim but I don't know if I will for sure. Maybe I should just do the engineer hat:)







I love love love the bot camp fabric so much! I used it once when the little man was small for a jon jon.  It was perfect for his first camping trip!

 

Hard to believe this little chubby cheeked guy just turned THREE a few days ago!!

No comments:

Post a Comment