Thursday, March 21, 2013

Costumes

I was recently asked to make a couple of costumes for a little girl who is all about theater and singing. She is doing this song called " I Speak Six Languages" and wanted a school girl type costume. If you google school girl costume all you find is the stripper-esque adult version. EWW! So NOT appropriate for a 8 year old.  Anyhow I came up with this:

I did not have a pattern so I just made my own. The little girl requested turquoise plaid and being that it is for stage, it had to have the turquoise sparkle tie.


Updated to add:

This is what the final result is when she is wearing with with the bling on it!

 

A Lovely Year of Finishes

6 comments:

  1. She looks so very proud of her costume. You dad a wonderful job. I'm impressed that you didn't have a pattern. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! Nope no pattern, just her measurements!

      I think she won! I saw pictures of her in a crown and sashing!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic job. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is great! I would have loved that when I was dancing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's as cute as it can be! Much better than the stuff on the internet! Great job on making your own pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete