Sunday, November 25, 2012

Radio Silence

My bad.
 
It has been just crazy here but I beg your forgiveness!!!
 
I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving and successful Black Thursday/Friday shopping:) I know I did.
 
We had 20 or so people at our house for Thanksgiving and everything turned out great. Everyone brought a dish to pass and we had to make the turkey and ham. I also made an AWESOME Spinach and artichoke dip in the crockpot. The recipe can be found at the bottom of this post:)
 
Yesterday we took the little man to a parade with a marching band and a horse drawn sleigh with Santa! It was FREEZING though so the little guy was all bundled up! He was waving to everyone passing by, it was just adorable.




Then we went to Kraynak's in Hermitage, PA. Again we had to stand in line outdoors to walk through the Christmas land. It is basically display after display of Christmas tree's.





Then Hunter got to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. Can you guess what he said??
 
 
Toys.
 



I have not done much sewing/crafting until today. I had to tear down my sewing room to turn it back into the dining room which it really is. Big man was happy to have his dining room back-until I started bringing stuff back down today.
 
 He was hoping to have it clear until Christmas but I told him No Way, I have Christmas presents to work on!
 
I'm doing three pairs of super duper easy leggings in a hot pink and black houndstooth knit for three little girls. I love this pattern, so many cute peices to make later; if your wondering, I am using Simplicity 2156. I only worked on them for about 2 hours and have one pair done and the other two just need the waistband/elastic casing made. Told ya they were easy-peasy:)
 
Also--Little man is THISCLOSE to being potty trained. All on his own too. I think he just wants the skittles he gets as a reward. No going #2 but pee-potty all day long!!! YAY!!!! I know your as excited as I am. The day your kid is completely potty trained is a glorious day!



Spinach and Artichoke Dip

2 10oz frozen chopped spinach
2 8 oz cream cheese, softened. Regular or Low fat, NEVER fat free-it doesn't melt right.
1/2 cup parmesean cheese
3/4 half and half
2/3 cup shreadded monterey jack cheese
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbs finely chopped onion
1 15 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped

Mix all together in a crockpot except  for 1/2 of the monterey jack cheese. Cook on high for a couple of hours. Top with remaining monterey jack cheese and cook on low for another hour. Raising Imperfection

5 comments:

  1. Love this ~ I miss PA...We lived in West Chester for six years before moving back to California. I loved going around to all the fun festivals and seeing the lights and Christmas trees.

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection!
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured.

    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we have a little guy we try to get to the festivals and parades around for fun. He is loving all the Christmas lights on the houses too, especially because it is dark at like 5-530 pm.

      Delete
  2. Christmas, Santa and spinach artichoke dip all in one post?!? I love it. I am going to try this recipe for sure, I love spinach artichoke dip and my crock pot!

    Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa Well it had been a while since I posted so I might of got caught rambling! It really is yummmmmyyyy dip, I highly recommend it:)

      Delete
  3. He looks so cute with the lollipop in his mouth! I love that picture. And what a great hat!! Cute and looks really warm.

    ReplyDelete