Sunday, October 7, 2012

Puss in Boots?


So I'm getting there.

The under shirt AKA as the doublet is done.

 

 



Sorry no "action" shots until it is all done and together! The doublet with out the rest is ...

ummm...

a little girly.

BUT it is necessary in the final look to be lace trimmed and puff sleeve-d to the max.

Although it is cute, it is crazy complicated in my opinion. Fully lined and button holes on crepe backed satin just turn out wrinkly no matter what. Unless someone has some awesome top secret tip for me--it does have an interfacing under that area already.

However, when he see's his costume he says  "Puth in Boot". So I'm thinking that I may have to get some cat ears and tail together so he really can be Puss in Boots.

Here's a peek at the tabard (the over jacket thingie)






Also in weekend fun :

AHHMMMAAZING 

Carrot Cake 

with homemade butter cream frosting



I know you are wondering where I got the recipe:) Well it came from this fabulous blog I just discovered called Mom on timeout. You can get this recipe (and the frosting recipe) HERE

I opted to do mine in a 9x13 cake pan because I don't have 2 9" round pans. My cake also did not want to come out of the pan. I opted to Ninja up the pecans to sprinkle on the top and only put them on "my half" of the cake. Big man doesn't like nuts...so we wont tell him that there are Ninja-d pecans inside the cake!! 

I'm taking some to work tomorrow so don't worry that I'm actually going to eat half a cake HAHA





We also took the little man to the Apple Fest this weekend. The only thing he cared about was the kettle corn. Even though we had already purchased some he walked up to every.single.vendor. that was selling it.



How stinkin' cute is he wearing these fake glasses?







Linking up with:

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that carrot cake sounds amazing! Yum! Your little man is adorable! Thanks for linking up to {Im}Perfect Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Kera and I love to help new bloggers out. Stop by my page in and "contact me". Let me know you are from Made By Momma and we'll get you hooked up with a Super Sunday Sync Guest Host :)

    ReplyDelete